When building a new house or retrofitting an existing house, it is very important to choose the right type of roof that will last longer. Roofs not only protect the houses and homeowners from external influences.
The house roof can also provide additional living space and make the houses more energy efficient and weatherproof, especially in rain and snow
Designing house roofs can be very difficult and the right choice can be tedious. Here we have put together top designs for the design of your house roofs:
- Gable roof design: It generally has a triangular shape, part of a wall between the edges of intersecting roofs. It is one of the most commonly used designs in areas where the temperature is cold.
- Green roof design: This is a design that partially or completely covers vegetation and plants. It also has additional layers for drainage and irrigation systems. It is also referred to as a cool roof, as it is environmentally friendly for both the environment and the occupants of the house
- Hip roof design: This is a kind of design where all sides fall off to the wall side. It's pretty gentle hang design. However, hip roofs are more difficult to construct than pitched roofs. These roof structures are common in bungalows and cottages
- Shed Roof Design: This design is considered one of the cleanest and most functional types of design. This roof brings much light and heat and replaces the impractical loft and provides a good interior
- Mansard Roof Design: This is a four-sided Gambrel style roof design with two slopes on both sides. This style makes the most of the loft and provides a great way to add more history to the building