Landscaping lighting design is particularly popular in rural houses and bungalows, making these homes look livelier and more appealing. Gardens, courtyards and reception areas are generally lit to provide homeowners with more security and accessibility, especially at night.
Nowadays, there are different types of landscape lights and even with so many tutorial videos being streamed on the Internet, decorating them has become very easy. Lighting mainly of the garden, courtyards and countryside must not last more than 2 weekends.
Below are some of the landscape lighting designs that may be useful:
- Placing an upward sphere of light about a foot away from the foundation helps attract the architectural elements of the house. They are specially designed for the porch of columns, dormers and deep eaves.
- Light the trees to highlight them, which are up to 20 feet high. Only a 20 Watt light will do the magic
- Landscape lights do not just have to be used in front of the house. If the homeowners have swings in their backyard, it may well be surrounded with downlights and upward-pointing welllights around the branches. This will invite guests and families to come out and enjoy the swing area as well
- The glowing garden is also one of the most popular designs for lighting beds, garden furniture and higher plants
- The seating area of outdoor furniture may need extra lighting, especially for atmospheric lighting. The barbeque counter and dining area can glow gently for a relaxing dinner or a party with family and friends
Decorating the landscape with lights is very easy and cheaper. LED lights can also be used to achieve an effect, but they can be expensive compared to conventional lights.