Each patio wall needs a suitable ventilation system and a durable frame to support it. Ventilation systems clean the room with an outdoor chute of toxic gases and unpleasant odors, and the patio screen keeps various unwanted particles and odors away from your relaxing time on the deck. Here are a few tips to help you build your own screen for the patio:
- Choose a suitable tube material for the screen that you build over the patio. Take into account the associated costs and investments, as well as the material passing through the pipes. It also has to be compatible with existing piping.
- Sketch and create a blueprint for the layout of your design. It is recommended to hire a specialist for this step, especially if you are a newbie.
- Visit several hardware stores to purchase the required materials, and consult with professionals in the field to get advantageous material discounts and installation assistance.
- Go through the entire layout and make the necessary changes and extensions to the plans according to the materials you have purchased. Make sure your plan complies with the screen installation conventions, such as vertical and horizontal networks in the appropriate regions.
- Make sure that the plumbing work in your home is not affected by the screen.
- Attach a stack vent to a sack and drain it by drilling a hole through the roof to allow gaseous wastes to reach the roof more easily!
- Try to install vent pipes in the same wall as your water supply and drainage systems as this will greatly reduce the amount of materials needed and facilitate later repairs.