Wicker furniture is one of the most popular furniture types, which are also widely used. The word "Wicker" means the method by which the furniture is made. The most commonly used material is rattan, a plant from the rainforests of Southeast Asia. Rattan material is inherently hollow compared to bamboo, which is stronger.
However, many people, including the seller, believe that wicker furniture and rattan are almost alike. But there is a remarkable difference between the two. Rattan is a close relative of the palm tree and also a grape that grows rapidly in the southeast. On the other hand, wicker is not a material, but an ancient method of making objects from natural materials such as willows, rushes, rattan, etc. These materials are wet so that they can easily be woven into wicker furniture for the courtyard. Once these materials have cooled, finer parts are woven into the frame.
The following are the benefits of wicker furniture:
- Wicker furniture offers a variety of styles
- The materials are natural and therefore fast growing and sustainable
- The wicker furniture looks good both inside and out
- This type of furniture fits in with a modern and more traditional home
- Wicker furniture is also very light and therefore easier to carry.
Wicker furniture gives the house a good look and a traditional feel, but they also have their disadvantages:
- It is difficult to maintain this type of furniture in bad weather.
- Even finely woven wicker furniture is very expensive compared to other types of furniture, since the labor costs for the production of this furniture are high
So think about everything and opt for wicker garden furniture.